Music in the City 2017
Steamship Shieldhall will once again be one of the venues participating in the popular annual event ‘Music in the City’ on Saturday 7th October. Listen to music and enjoy a pint of Flack Manor Real Ale from the Shieldhall Bar! The Endurance Fairground Organ will be set up alongside Shieldhall, and bands scheduled to appear are: 1.30pm The Bee Hive; 2.30pm Manoir Dreams; 3.30pm Project Dos; 4.30pm Sarah Saville; 5pm Niko Roshi; 6pm The Chateau Bateau Band. Access to the Shieldhall for Music in the City is strictly by Vintage Bus only, which will make regular drop-offs / pick-ups and link a number of the participating venues.
The Music in the City project was set up by Linda Norris in 2009 when she was a Councillor, aiming to:
- Help music in Southampton get the recognition it deserves
- Promote the great range of music in the city
- Get more people involved in music – singing, playing, learning, performing, and enjoying
- Support the music-making that improves many peoples’ health and happiness in life
- Bring music to places where it doesn’t usually happen, like Southampton's great historic buildings (and Shieldhall!)
- Bring together the music communities in Southampton
- Hold a showcase festival every year to celebrate and get people involved.
So please support this very worthy FREE event and head over to the Shieldhall on one of the vintage buses this coming Saturday!
Posted by Lewis Folland, Mon 2 Oct 2017
See our latest on Twitter below..