COVID-19 Update - May & June Sailings Cancelled
Shieldhall is sorry to confirm that its planned sailings for the months of May and June 2020 have had to be cancelled with the ongoing uncertainty of the Covid-19 pandemic. Shieldhall was due to enter Dry Dock in April, but this journey has been postponed until later in the year. We hope conditions will allow us to continue with sailings during the summer, with a possible extension of the sailing programme beyond our current scheduled end date of September 13.
All ticket holders for our sailings in May and June will be contacted via email, and offered the options of switching their tickets to a sailing later in the year; holding their ticket money as a credit for 2021 sailings; making a donation to Shieldhall to allow the charity to best continue its work, or a refund.
With her winter maintenance programme all but complete, Shieldhall is set to celebrate her 65th birthday this year, looking to give passengers the opportunity to experience the magic of ‘steam at sea’. Our volunteer crew – many of whom are aged 70 years and upwards - are disappointed but understanding of the challenges we all face at this time. There is a ready commitment to maintaining Shieldhall so that we can resume her programme when conditions improve. We will look to keep our members and supporters updated with news via the Shieldhall website www.ss-shieldhall.co.uk, emails and social media.
We encourage everyone to keep up to date with the current Government & NHS advice and guidelines around Coronavirus by visiting the following link: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Thank you for your understanding, patience and ongoing support which means so much to the charity. Stay safe and we hope to see you on board later in the year.
Meantime, if you have any questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com
Posted by Lewis Folland, Sun 22 Mar 2020