This page tells you everything you need to know about our new www.ss-shieldhall.co.uk. We hope you like the new fresh feel and enhanced features of our new website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What features have been improved on our new site?
Membership – For the first time in the society’s history, membership has now gone online making it even easier for you all to become a member of our society/charity/to support our steamship. The new system allows you to setup auto renew payments if you wish. Our new site also allows passengers to become a member at point of booking a ticket for a sailing and save 10% on the same booking.
Ticketing Sales – Our ticketing system has been improved further to allow us to take voucher codes and create bespoke tickets for any type of event. This is something that our old website could not accommodate. We are now also able to offer redeemable gift vouchers to give your family or friends.
Member access – Our generic “one sign in” DockGate4 login has been removed. On our new site, each member will have unique credentials to sign in and manage their account/membership preferences/payment details.
What is “My account” area and what does it do?
The “My Account” area of the website is your own private area where you manage all your membership plans and account information. Once you are logged into your account, it allows you to do the following:
- Gives you access to 10% off all cruises!
- Manage your membership and payment information.
- Manage your billing address and personal account details.
- Manage your password to your account.
- View your payment history.
It also allows you to gain access to the “Members” area of the website which is limited to users with active membership only. This area includes the following:
- Active Crew – Contains berthing schedules /sailing dates, crew drill information, safety, training, and compliance materials.
- Committee Members – Contains information of all our current committee members and heads of departments.
- Reports & Journals – Contains all ECM & AGM Minutes, Archive Accounts & Steamship Shieldhall Policies.
- Steamship Shieldhall Magazine – Contains our current Steamship Shieldhall digital magazine as well as all archive copies.
So how do I gain access to my account?
Gaining access to your account is simple! If you’ve already got an active membership plan with us and we’ve got your records on file (including email address) follow these simple instructions below. Alternatively if you have an active membership plan with us, and wish to access it online but have not shared your email address with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your valid email address.
To access your account please following the following…..
1. Visit www.ss-shieldhall.co.uk/my-account
2. Click on “Lost your password”
3. Enter your email address
4. Check your email account and click on the Shieldhall “Lost your password” email
5. Click on “Click here to reset my password”
6. Enter a new password and press “submit”
Once you logged into your “My Account” page, click on “account details” and check through your details to make sure that they are up to date.
If you have any issues gaining access to your account, email email@example.com
I am an active member but would like to start paying for my membership plan through the website instead of a manual method used in the past. How do I do this?
Our new website allows existing members to pay for your annual subscriptions through our website. This relieves the manual administration involved for both yourself and our Membership Secretary.
To pay online, please follow these steps below.
1. Visit www.ss-shieldhall.co.uk/my-account.
2. Enter your username and password that is registered with Steamship Shieldhall. If you have forgotten your username or password, press the “lost your password” for a password reset.
3. Once logged in press “Membership” on the left-hand side of the page.
4. You will see that your payment is due on the 01/04/2021 via “Manual Renewal” payment. This is because you have not registered your card information with us yet.
5. Press “Add Payment”.
6. Scroll down and press “Use new payment method”. Enter your card information and then press “add payment method”.
7. Your card details have now been saved and the payment will come out of your account on 01/04/2021.
8. You can now log out. If you in the past have paid for your membership via BACS or standing order, please ensure that you cancel this otherwise you will be charged twice.
To view the video that shows you this whole process, please see the video at the bottom of this page.
If my card information is saved on our website for membership, does this mean that automatic renewals are on?
Yes, and if your card information is saved, your membership payments will automatically come out of your account when payment is due. If you do not wish to have this feature turned on, please removed the saved payment method.
Adding a payment method onto your online account – Click the video below to see the process.
What do you do if you have a question?
If you have any questions regarding our new website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org