We are pleased to announce that our new website www.ss-shieldhall.co.uk is now up and running and we invite our members to have a good look around our new site. In this email, you will find all the information you need to get you up and running!
What features have been improved on our new site?
Membership – For the first time in the society’s history, membership has now gone online making it even easier for you all to become a member of our society/charity/to support our steamship. The new system allows you to setup auto renew payments if you wish. Our new site also allows passengers to become a member at point of booking a ticket for a sailing and save 10% on the same booking.
Ticketing Sales – Our ticketing system has been improved further to allow us to take voucher codes and create bespoke tickets for any type of event. This is something that our old website could not accommodate. We are now also able to offer redeemable gift vouchers to give your family or friends.
Member access – Our generic “one sign in” DockGate4 login has been removed. On our new site, each member will have unique credentials to sign in and manage their account/membership preferences/payment details.
What is “My account” area and what does it do?
The “My Account” area of the website is your own private area where you manage all your membership plans and account information. Once you are logged into your account, it allows you to do the following:
- Gives you access to 10% off all cruises!
- Manage your membership and payment information.
- Manage your billing address and personal account details.
- Manage your password to your account.
- View your payment history.
It also allows you to gain access to the “Members” area of the website which is limited to users with active membership only. This area includes the following:
- Active Crew – Contains berthing schedules /sailing dates, crew drill information, safety, training, and compliance materials.
- Committee Members – Contains information of all our current committee members and heads of departments.
- Reports & Journals – Contains all ECM & AGM Minutes, Archive Accounts & Steamship Shieldhall Policies.
- Steamship Shieldhall Magazine – Contains our current Steamship Shieldhall digital magazine as well as all archive copies.
So how do I gain access to my account?
Gaining access to your account is simple! If you’ve already got an active membership plan with us and we’ve got your records on file (including email address) follow these simple instructions below. Alternatively if you have an active membership plan with us, and wish to access it online but have not shared your email address with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your valid email address.
To access your account please following the following…..
1. Visit www.ss-shieldhall.co.uk/my-account
2. Click on “Lost your password”
3. Enter your email address
4. Check your email account and click on the Shieldhall “Lost your password” email
5. Click on “Click here to reset my password”
6. Enter a new password and press “submit”
Once you logged into your “My Account” page, click on “account details” and check through your details to make sure that they are up to date.
If you have any issues gaining access to your account, email email@example.com
What do you do if you have a question?
If you have any questions regarding our new website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org