The volunteers of Steamship Shieldhall look forward to welcoming you onboard and sharing our historic vessel with you all. Below you can find information regarding your time onboard, terms and conditions and purchasing information/discounts. Printable downloads can be found at the bottom of this page.
How do I purchase a ticket and what discounts are available to me?
- Ticket purchase may be made on line using credit card, debit card Apple Pay/Andriod Pay. All types of transaction are handled by Stripe on our behalf. You will require an eMail account to receive your payment receipt and tickets.
- If you do not wish to purchase your tickets online or have any problems please email the Ticket Manager at email@example.com or Phone 0844 357 2329
- Family tickets are available on most excursions for 2 adults and up to 2 children under 16. Under 3’s go free, however children aged 1 to 3 at the date of sailing are required to have tickets. These tickets can be selected online via the booking page.
- A discount of 10% is given for ALL groups of 10 or more. For discount purposes a family ticket counts as 4. (All discounts are automatically applied at the checkout screen).
- If you’re purchasing an excursion ticket, why not become a member before purchase and receive a 10% membership discount on your excursion?. This will automatically be applied to your order once membership is added into your basket.
- Existing members will need to be logged into their account and have a valid membership subscription to receive their 10% discount.
- To purchase tickets online, select which type of ticket you would like and add this to your basket. Go through to the payment screen and enter your details. Once this has been completed, you will receive confirmation emails(s) of your tickets/payment/membership plans.
What do I need to know when I come onboard?
- Drinks and food are available for purchase on all excursions from the bar and galley on board including vegetarian options.
- Whilst onboard, cash and card payments are available in the bar and shop.
- Further details of the food/drink will be available with the excursion details sent to you a week before your cruise via email.
- Toilets (Gents and Ladies Heads) are situated on the main deck of the ship.
- Boarding/disembarkation of the ship will always be from the boat deck whilst in Southampton. If you are joining for any sailings outside of Southampton and you would like to know the board/disembarkation process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult. Ratio 1 adult to every 6 children.
For more frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQ’s page.
What trips are included in this years early bird offers?
Save 15% on the selected sailings below until 31st January 2022.
Steam to the Solent Cruise – Saturday 28th May 2022
Round the Island Race – Saturday 25th June 2022
Cowes Week Cruise – Saturday 30th July 2022
Needles Cruise – Sunday 21st August 2022
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
What are your terms and conditions?
To print our terms and conditions, see the downloads area at the bottom of this page.
Terms and Conditions of Booking and Carriage Solent Steam Packet (Services) Ltd.
1. This agreement shall be considered as a contract made in England and according to English Law. It shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts, to which the parties hereby submit.
2. For private hire of the ship, please refer to the terms and conditions that apply.
3. Payment for individual, party and block bookings.
a) To confirm a booking, a deposit of £10 per person is to be paid to the Solent Steam Packet (Services) Ltd. (SSP(S)L) by the date specified.
b) If the deposit for a ticket has not been received by SSP(S)L by the date specified, the booking for that ticket will be cancelled.
c) The balance is required no later than one calendar month prior to departure or within one week for late booking. This payment should also include a list, by name, of all those in the party.
d) If the balance has not been received by the date specified above: i. For parties of less than ten persons, any tickets not paid for in full will be cancelled. SSP(S)L will return any extra money received, less deposits. If there is a reduction in party numbers, the deposit for a cancelled ticket cannot be used towards the balance of another ticket in the party. ii. For parties of ten persons or more, the organisation making the booking will be invoiced for the balance for the agreed numbers in the booking.
e) All payments to be made in UK Pounds. There is no booking fee for payments by debit card, cash or cheque. Cheques should be made payable to “Solent Steam Packet (Services) Ltd.” Credit cards will be accepted but are subject to a booking fee of 2%.
a) by the booking person.
i. Issued tickets and/or bookings are transferable between passengers at any time before the ship sails. If the passenger list has already been submitted (see 3 (c) above), please advise SSP(S)L of the change.
ii. If the booking is cancelled more than two months before departure, SSP(S)L will refund the deposits in full.
iii. If the booking is cancelled less than two months but more than one month before departure, SSP(S)L will refund the deposit(s) less a management fee of £5 per ticket.
iv. If the booking is cancelled less than one month before departure for a genuine medical reason and the ticket(s) can be resold, a full refund will be given for the one ticket and one accompanying partner. Otherwise, no refunds can be made. To cover this eventuality, the person booking should consider travel insurance.
b) by SSP(S)L.
i. Bad Weather. The Master’s decision on cancellation of a voyage or excursion due to bad weather conditions is final.
ii. The voyage or excursion will be deemed to have started when the ship has slipped all moorings and is under weigh.
iii. Whilst every endeavour will be made to complete the agreed voyage or excursion, it is at the Master’s discretion whether it can be completed to this agreement once the ship is under weigh. iv. In the event that “Shieldhall” “ is unavailable or unserviceable SSP(S)L will endeavour to find a suitable alternative as an act of good faith, or offer an alternative date. v. In the event of cancellation by SSP(S)L, all payments received as part of this agreement will be returned to the booking person or may be carried forward to other cruises if requested. Compensation for loss of use of the vessel will not normally be considered.
5. Loss. Passengers will be responsible for insurance against any personal losses incurred by themselves whilst on board “Shieldhall”. Therefore, SSP(S)L will not be liable for losses incurred by passengers whilst on board “Shieldhall”.
a) In the event of damage being caused by a passenger for the duration of this agreement, SSP(S)L reserve the right to seek compensation from the passenger for repair of the damage incurred and any loss of business that may result.
b) SSP(S)L operate a No Smoking policy below decks. Passengers should note that the saloon and other internal spaces are designated as “No Smoking” areas for the comfort and safety of all using the ship.
7. Voyages. A voyage or excursion is deemed to be from Southampton and will extend until the vessel returns to Southampton, unless specified otherwise.
a) Excursions will be within the restrictions of the current passenger certificates issued by the Maritime Coastguard Agency.
b) Passenger numbers are limited to a maximum of 200 persons
c) The sailing time is the intended time of departure from the quayside, following necessary preparations during which, boarding would not be possible.
d) The ship has a licensed bar. Passengers are not permitted to bring alcoholic drinks on board except by prior arrangement with the ship’s agent, or his representative.
e) The ship’s agent, or when at sea the Master, or their representatives may refuse to allow on board any person who, in his or her opinion, may give cause for complaint or constitute a possible danger during the event or cruise.
f) SSP(S)L reserves the right to alter excursion timings at short notice dependant on local conditions or instructions. Claims for compensation will not normally be considered.
g) Some excursions are advertised to view named cruise ships. The appearance or otherwise of cruise ships is beyond our control and cannot be guaranteed.
8. Animals. The ship is not suitable for animals so regret that animals, other than guide dogs, are not allowed on board.
9. Parking. Parking at the Southampton berth is limited and places may not be available. SSP(S)L normally makes make a charge for parking and parties are encouraged to share transport, when ever possible.
10. Boarding. Passengers may board the vessel from one hour in advance of the advertised sailing time and should have tickets ready for inspection by the Purser, unless intending to purchase these on board. Passengers must be on board 15 minutes before sailing time and SSP(S)L cannot be responsible for delays caused by traffic or parking conditions.
”Shieldhall” is owned by The Solent Steam Packet Ltd; an Industrial and Provident Society dedicated to the preservation and operation of “Shieldhall”. An exempt charity 26065R regulated by the FSA.
Where can I meet the ship?
Every sailing on the excursion page shows you which port the ship will be departing from. This can be seen by clicking on an individual sailing.
For berthing locations and parking arrangements please visit the “Find Us” page by clicking here.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org