Another busy day onboard for A&P and our crew members. Below are the tasks that the team are currently working through.
- The starboard propeller has been removed and the keyway has been presented for survey. The keyway prevents the propeller shaft from turning at a different rate to the propeller.
- The worn anodes have all been removed and the new ones are in the process of being welded to the hull.
- The forward buoyancy space has been washed out for painting preparations.
- The ships side above the water line has all been prepared ready for painting later in the week.
- The chemist has attended site to approve various hot work tasks needed for steel replacements.
- The MCA have been in attendance today to witness the port intermediate propeller shaft removal and inspect its condition.
- The sea suction boxes have been surveyed by the MCA.
- The ship’s crew have been busy stripping out ballast tanks to access various parts of the ship’s firefighting equipment.
- We have had a visit from the team at Digital Dry Dock – These are a local company that were keen to come down and support us and create a digital model of the ships structure. Click here to view their website!