Notice is hereby given that the 32nd Annual General Meeting of the Solent Steam Packet Limited (SSPL) and the 1st Annual General Meeting of Steamship Shieldhall Charity (SSC) will be held on Sunday 11th April 2021 in the saloon onboard (*) SS SHIELDHALL (Berth 110, Western Dock, Southampton) at 1100 hrs.
- Welcome address by John Rose, Chairman of Solent Steam Packet Ltd and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Steamship Shieldhall Charity.
- Apologies (apologies to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st April).
- To approve the minutes of the AGM held on 7th April 2019. (AGM2020 was cancelled).
- Review of the new organisation.
- To receive the report of the Honorary Treasurer and if approved, adopt the Annual report of the Executive Committee and the Audited Accounts for the year ended 31st October 2020.
- To authorise the SSC Trustees to appoint an Auditor and agree and pay the Auditor’s fees.
- To receive the report of the Membership Secretary.
- To consider a proposal for membership subscription rates applicable from 2022.
- To confirm appointments to the new SSPL Executive Committee.
- To confirm the appointment of Trustees of the Charity.
- The Chairman will close the formal part of the meeting.
Following the formal AGM, reports will be presented on the operational and fundraising activities of Steamship Shieldhall Charity.
Responses will also be given to written questions submitted to the Honorary Secretary no later than seven calendar days prior to 11th April 2021. Further questions will be taken from the floor as time allows and at the Chairman’s discretion.
NOTE: In accordance with the provisions of the SSPL and SSC Constitutions, a number of members of the SSPL Executive Committee or the SSC Board of Trustees retire by rotation and are eligible to offer themselves for re-election. Nominations for election must be received by the Honorary Secretary no later than 30 days prior to the AGM. (Guidance on the nomination procedure can be obtained from email@example.com)
(*) Dependent upon the prevailing COVID conditions at the time, it may not be possible to hold the AGM onboard and the meeting may have to be convened remotely via Zoom. If the AGM does takes place onboard, the provision of light refreshments after the AGM is unlikely to be possible due to COVID restrictions.